How to Make Earrings
The supplies that you will need are:
You will need the following tools:
Flat-nose or 3-in-1 pliers
Crimp bead pliers
Round tube 1” diameter (small bottle, eg.)
1.) Find the end of the wire and trim end if crimped or not smooth. Wrap wire around the tube and clip it where it meets. Repeat for the second loop.
2) With the flat-nose or 3-in-1 pliers placed slightly beneath the tip of one of the loops, bend the wire at a 45 degree angle towards you. Do the same to the other end. It will be bent in the other direction.
3) Repeat step 2 for the other loop.
5) Repeat step 4 for the other loop.
7) On another headpin, string a 5mm metal bead, one of the larger beads and another 5mm metal bead. Bend the headpin at a 45 degree angle and trim right in the bend. Bend the headpin at a 45 degree angle, again. With round-nose pliers, round the end to create and eye loop. Repeat this step.
8) Using the crimping pliers, hold the jump ring. With the needle-nose pliers, twist the jump ring towards you to open it. Slide the jump ring through the both sides of the wire loop. With your needle-nose pliers, close the jump ring rocking it to insure that it is closed. Repeat this step for the other loop.
9) Holding an earring hook between your fingers, open the eye loop with needle-nose pliers, as you would a jump ring. Slide the jump ring onto the eye loop and close the eye loop. Repeat this step for the other earring hook.
10) Grasp the earring hook and the end of the wire loop and gently pull in order to elongate the wire loop. It will look more oval than round. Repeat with the other earring.
12) Repeat step 11 with the other earring.
Congratulations! You have completed the how to make earrings tutorial.
Click the link For a FREE How to Make Jewelry video
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!